Saturday, February 13, 2010

happy chinese new year~!!

新年快樂 ~~ (Xin nian kuai le/"happy new year"  in mandarin) ! ! ! ! XD 
I had planned to greet everyone "kung hei fat choi!" once it struck midnight awhile ago, but then I found out that "Kung hei fat choi" doesn't mean "Happy new year" in direct translation; it means “Congratulations! wishing you prosperity!”, and such pronunciation/wording is used in Cantonese, a Chinese dialect :O "Kong Xi Fa Tsai" is said to be the proper pronunciation of the sentence in Mandarin; and, if you want to greet happy new year, you say "Xin nian kuai le" in Mandarin :D

Well, along with Chinese New Year, I know a few friends who celebrate their birthday on this day too :D  it's highly unlikely, but if ever they ever visit this blog..
happy birthday, saowie!! 8D
happy birthday, romar!! :)
happy birthday, karllo!! XD
oh, and it's our town fiesta here where I live too, 'cause it's held every 2nd Sunday of February ~o/
*seems like I'm intentionally leaving out something here lol*

lol random trivia made this blog post longer XD sorry about that -_-;

anyway, I finally got to fix my current layout >.< I noticed after my first post that it didn't have the comments button D: thanks to some code snippet from Ein I was able to fix it :))

No comments:

Post a Comment